Hi all!
This blog is meant to encourage you, stretch you and empower
you to reach outside of your comfort zone.
My blog postings are going to contain moments when I was being
BOLD. Now, when you look at the name of
my blog, you’ll notice that I don’t just say to be bold, but to be your own bold.
The fears that cripple us on the day to day are very different, therefore, our moments of boldness will also look very different. Recently, I have been reading a book on speed reading and it talks about how the process to achieving speed reading will be an uncomfortable place; the book encourages the reader to stick with it, because from that discomfort will come new growth. I read those words and I can’t help but to apply that wisdom to my life as a whole. In the book of James, the Bible talks about how we should consider trials as pure joy, because those trials will produce maturity, perseverance and wholeness. Pure joy…what a concept!
I don’t want to go through life just surviving through my trials, or wishing they weren’t there anymore. I want to persevere through my trials with boldness. I want to reach outside of my comfort zone to find what is really inside of me. Today, my moment of boldness was writing this blog post. Putting my thoughts/journey on display for all to see, while wondering what people will think or will it even encourage anyone. I guess those fears don’t really matter, because I did it anyway. And today I walk away with a bigger comfort zone.
The fears that cripple us on the day to day are very different, therefore, our moments of boldness will also look very different. Recently, I have been reading a book on speed reading and it talks about how the process to achieving speed reading will be an uncomfortable place; the book encourages the reader to stick with it, because from that discomfort will come new growth. I read those words and I can’t help but to apply that wisdom to my life as a whole. In the book of James, the Bible talks about how we should consider trials as pure joy, because those trials will produce maturity, perseverance and wholeness. Pure joy…what a concept!
I don’t want to go through life just surviving through my trials, or wishing they weren’t there anymore. I want to persevere through my trials with boldness. I want to reach outside of my comfort zone to find what is really inside of me. Today, my moment of boldness was writing this blog post. Putting my thoughts/journey on display for all to see, while wondering what people will think or will it even encourage anyone. I guess those fears don’t really matter, because I did it anyway. And today I walk away with a bigger comfort zone.
-Amanda

Your words are so encouraging, I love them! Can't wait to read more. I retire at the end of this semester and will need to be "my own bold" in other ways!
ReplyDeleteWow! I can't wait to see what you write next. You are so inspiring!!
ReplyDelete